Thursday, September 22, 2005

Apathy

Meh.

Bleugh.

There's something about a dog-shit internet connection that falls over every 5 minutes that really screws my desire to even sit at the computer and do all the offline stuff. Never mind all the stuff I have to do online.

I have CV's to re-write, letters to draft, emails to write... etc...etc

I have a few people (female!) that I would really like to write long, rambling, charming and deeply flirtatious emails to. I just have the mental capacity of a wet sock at the moment. Too much to think about, too much to sort out.

As per usual, I need some sort of deadline or pressure (or even something to really piss me off) to fire up the grey matter. Once I get going, I'm fine and momentum carries me along. But when I get into this deep pool of molasses that is my current enthusiasm pool, all I can be arsed to do is play Playstation and watch films.

Still, I am allowing myself this week to be a cabbage. I am going up to Liverpool to see a friend this weekend, and intend to try and knuckle down to all my jobs from Sunday afternoon onwards.

We'll have to see if that is just intentions or a realistic aim...

3 Comments:

At 23 September, 2005 11:53, Blogger Unknown said...

OK Brock - in order to beat Parkinson's Law, here's a deadline for you:

Go on a successful date with a woman (looks not important) by Monday evening. And blog about it by Tuesday lunchtime. Chop chop, Monsieur Blaireau - you've only got 3 days!

 
At 23 September, 2005 21:36, Blogger Flash said...

Yeah, get to it!

 
At 28 September, 2005 13:24, Blogger Warhead said...

*Sigh* So near and yet so far. Instead of going straight home on Sunday you could have dog-legged in to Manchester and had a pint with Alfie, Reddy and I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home