Friday, August 26, 2005

Route planners

Just been looking at the map and trying to judge if the guff that the AA routeplanner has come out with is sensible or not. It seems to be, sadly. I do so love to call things like that stupid.

"Why the hell would you go that way? STUPID website/program".

It appears that it is 212 miles from my house to the camp-site, the AA think that it will take me 4 hrs 59 minutes to get there (Google maps predicts 4hr 54).

Pffft.

Is it just me? Or does everyone see the times they give you as a challenge? If it takes me more than 4 hours (especially if I leave at 5, as is the current estimate) then I will be seriously pissed off. Admittedly, nearly half of the route is on A roads, but I'm sure that most of it is dual carriageway from memory.

5 hours my left nut. Not if I have anything to do with it. We'll have to see if I get a souvenir speed ticket to bring back with me. I am recently devoid of speeding points, so I have room for a bit of right foot action.

Zooooooooooom.

5 Comments:

At 26 August, 2005 23:24, Blogger Brock said...

Da Goldfish?


but but but but...

I thought you were... dead!

/dramatic music

 
At 28 August, 2005 22:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an AA route planner? Surely it avoids all the pubs.

At least we had the sense to toss in an extra A to avoid confusion.

 
At 30 August, 2005 10:56, Blogger Ms. Entropy said...

Glad to see that you still have that old reckless charm about you

How many hours to Morocco, hmmm

 
At 01 September, 2005 21:24, Blogger Flash said...

Damn right it's a challenge.
Hope you did it it 3 and a half!

 
At 03 September, 2005 17:13, Blogger Brock said...

*cough* 3 hrs 15 *cough*

I was there by 9 in the morning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home