Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Interjections

There was a fair amount of piss taking in the office today. I thought I
would share a couple with you all - both computer (and indeed keyboard)
related, as it happens:

1:
Buyer (not exactly a computer whizz, and just in receipt - and in some
awe - of shiny new laptop) is talking to office admin girl:

"Erm..." (pokes keyboard connected to laptop) "This keyboard
keeps doing funny things, you know."

Office admin:

"What do you mean?"

Me (from across the office, when they least expect it): "Every time he
pushes down on the little switchy button things, these funny letters keep
appearing on the television"

2:
Some time later, MD comes into the office and goes to the end of it to
talk to IT blokey:

"Have you got another keyboard? Mine keeps typing the letter 5 whenever
I press the delete key."

IT: "Was this before or after you spilt tea all over it"

MD: "Admittedly, there was tea involved at one stage, but it started
doing this before, to be honest"

(slight pause. And as you all know, that's longer than I need...)

Me: "Far be it from me to throw accusations about and all that (IT
bloke), but if I spilt tea on my keyboard, wouldn't you be
calling me a dumb arse around about this point in the conversation?"

IT: "There is a possibility that I might call you that. Of course, I
would never suggest that our esteemed leader could be one. I'm sure that
there is a good explanation for the attempt to type with a hot beverage...

Is there?"

MD: "Um. I thought it needed cleaning? No. That isn't going to cut it is
it. Although I do appreciate you not calling me a dumb arse. That would
probably be a sackable offence" (looks pointedly at me and grins)

Some days I will miss this place. Although this has never been a
particularly prevalent feeling when perusing my pay packet. So it's good
my notice has already gone in, I guess.

Minty highway, here I come.

1 Comments:

At 14 October, 2005 14:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's pressed the function key, turning his keyboard into a keypad, I should think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home