Friday, February 25, 2005

Results and all that

Enough people have asked me about all this that I may as well post what happened after having my arm emptied.

I was told today that all 7 tests came back "Normal, no further action".

Now I did wonder if that actually means:

"Normally, despite the outcome of the tests, we generally take no further action. This is the NHS, for christ's sake, who the hell expects results/healing anyway?"

But it was 'normal' anyway. So does that mean normal for me? Or normal for other people? I was expecting a little print out with "Bit warped and slightly the wrong side of 'sick' for general social acceptability, but he'll survive".

But I'm 'normal'. How bone-crashingly, mind-meltingly fucking dull. Most people might be relieved by that, but I actually find it a bit depressing. I don't want to be 'normal'. That reeks of Arran sweaters and 'sensible' cars, and 'practical' beige clothing. They wouldn't even write me out a certificate saying "This blokes a bit weird, frankly"

Wankers. What do I pay my taxes for, if I can't expect a little pandering to my own self image?

3 Comments:

At 25 February, 2005 19:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK.

I don't believe that normal stuff for a second. You must've just been so far off that scale that they didn't know what to do.

 
At 25 February, 2005 20:28, Blogger Brock said...

Now there's no need for that, Sue. That's just being mean.

 
At 26 February, 2005 18:59, Blogger Lexie's Mum said...

boxylady is right - your special brand of weirdness was never going to show up in blood tests. They'd need to do some kind of dna testing. Or maybe an EEG...hmm, not sure that'd work, actually.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home