Friday, February 11, 2005

Hole in my Frikkin Arm!!!!!1111


Hole in my Frikkin Arm!!!!!1111
Originally uploaded by Brock.

(With apologies to Uncle Moc for the title steal)

I went to get a blood test today, to find out if I am getting some sort of lurgy that makes me tired and stuff the whole time.

I arrived, a little late admittedly, but that was no excuse for the Nurse to be all flapping and overly rushing everything. I was at the point of holding my arm above my head away from her (she was ickle tiny person) and shouting:

"CALM DOWN, WOMAN! You shall NOT touch me with sharp pointy things until you have stood in one spot and counted to twenty, you bouncy jumpy twitching FREAK!"

So, she stops shaking and the like and jams a needle into my arm. This appeared to be attached to a clear plastic bucket about as big as my head. Sense of foreboding prevails. It was at this point that I noticed all the ampules on the side and glanced over at the notes. There was a hefty list of acronyms in the box marked 'to be tested for'.

Hint for the masses: When you tire of the Doc telling you that "every one feels tired", and that "maybe it's your stressful job" that you are knackered the whole time and don't feel refreshed even after 12 hours sleep. Do NOT lose your temper and point out to him that you know damn well what it feels like to have a more stressful job than the one you have at the moment. And go on to point out, in no uncertain terms, that you are absolutely sure that something is amiss, and that he is "supposed to be the bloody Doctor" and why doesn't he "just find out what it is" and fix it?

He appears to have got his own back by getting Nurse 'Parkinsons' to take enough blood from me to test for everything he could think of. No wonder she was twitchy. She was probably trying to get done and get out of the room before I entirely dessicated and collapsed into a pile of dust.

I'm sure I saw "YMCA", "GSOH", "WLTM" and "LOL" on those bloody notes.

Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home