Monday, August 30, 2004

Well, that's that...

It would appear that I have finally moved. It is now Sunday night/Monday
morning, the flat is almost cleared, and I have the rest to finish off
tomorrow (hopefully) before my Mum arrives for lunch. I suspect that
being as all the kitchen stuff is still in boxes, and may well stay that
way for a bit, that we may go out to eat...

I am only just starting to slow down and get my head around having
moved. I had a fantastic night out on Friday with five mates (four of
which were girls, before you ask - I rock!) and we all got
hideously pissed. It culminated with me walking/staggering home
looking at the sky in a hazy, puzzled and out of focus way, thinking to
myself "Why is the sky so light?".

That'd be because it is 6 o'clock in the morning then, eh. The stupidity
and frivolity was flowing. I shall make no reference to some of the
antics, this is neither the time or the place for recriminations and
incriminations Perhaps even legal proceedings. Suffice to say, there may
be a picture on flickr before long of the other poor fella there,
half-naked, very drunk and complete with the word "Hellfire" written on
his forehead in permanent marker. I don't know of the significance of
this particular word as I wasn't in the room at the time, but I
understand that he foolishly entered a game of forfeits with two of the
drunkest (and cunning and evil) women I know. If I didn't know better,
I'd suggest that it was all a set-up to see if they could get his
clothes off.

As if. I mean, they wouldn't...would they?
;)

We never even got as far as the pub. I think that was in the
initial plan somewhere, but it all went a bit by the wayside. We had a
top home cooked meal (very grown up all this), and drank our way to the
bottom of several bottles of Champagne, Beer and Wine (NOT so grown
up!). We drank one house dry, and then swayed gently and good naturedly
across town to another and started on that one. I also suspect that it
was at this second stage that a certain lady's infamous Vodka's (in a
half pint glass, with just enough coke in it to slightly change the
colour of the liquid - evil!) may well have sneaked past my lips by the
feel of my head the next day. By which I mean that I was still feeling
ropey at about 11 last night when I was going to bed...

This, you bastards, is why I am still struggling to put my meagre
belongings away so long after I have been here. It has never taken me
this long in all of my moves before!

Anyway, I am massively tired, and so am to bed. I wish to thank Noel,
and of course, the four ladies for being such good friends, such good
fun, and for making an 'old man' feel very warm and fluffy inside. Rest
assured that despite my incredible ability for months to go by before I
realise that I am being slack with communication, I will stay in touch.
You just try and stop me!

Anyway, this is becoming far too mushy, and before long they may work
out that I will actually miss them. That will not do. Think of my
reputation...

2 Comments:

At 10 September, 2004 09:47, Blogger Lexie's Mum said...

Your reputation? Are you the 13th Duke of Wybourne? Has no one thought of the consequences?

 
At 13 September, 2004 12:52, Blogger Noely Noel said...

*sob* heheh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home