Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Boxes

I bought some boxes today. Along with some bubble wrap, and tape for packing all the stuff up. I can tell you are all keen for an update on the boxes. You are, aren't you?

(get out more...)

I am also trying to throw everything that I don't want away. For about the 25th time in my life. I am being more ruthless as I get older, I have decided that there is no room in my life for nostalgia as I move so often. If it is not important enough to me to take it to my Dad's and store it long term, then it goes in the skip. If I haven't used it in the last year, it goes into the decision process above. Am I the only person being that harsh?

I also (to go back to the original point) can't help thinking that £40 is too much for cardboard boxes. Even if I do get 20 of them, next day delivery, packing tape and some bubble wrap.

I tell you, I'd nearly be moved to the point of "Giving a shit" if I was paying for it myself...

Hahahaha.

That'll teach them for re-locating me.

3 Comments:

At 19 August, 2004 23:22, Blogger Sal said...

they ARE paying to relocate you?

bloody drongo. just ring pickfords. job done. all you need do after that is watch other people come steaming into your house and pile your life into the back of a truck.

 
At 19 August, 2004 23:40, Blogger Brock said...

That would mean trusting the Pickford idiots with the things that I own...

Nope. I'd rather do it myself. Anyway, there are political advantages (that I won't go into) with doing it myself that may be worth having as a back up in the coming months...

;)

All is not as it seems...

 
At 21 August, 2004 15:19, Blogger Sal said...

no idea what the political background is -- your call

but really: the pickfords guys are great. they do it all the time, they KNOW how pack stuff so it don't get broke, they cater primarily to corporate moves so get their arse well and truly kicked if they break stuff, plus it's all insured (ok, not such a comfort for emotion-stuff -- but the fragile stuff like that you can usually put in a backpack and carry down yourself while they do all the grunty stuff)
i've used them 4 times so far with ZERO problems (other than the cost)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home