Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Er. I appear to be moving...

Right then. This may be a bit of a bombshell for you all, but I'm moving to America. Soon. Like really soon.

I applied for a job a few weeks ago, and had heard nothing and pretty much gave up on it. Then after a call the other day, I got a job offer through on e-mail last night. I was pissed when I read it first time (just got back from the pub, as it happens) so got up this morning half thinking that I had imagined it, but no. There it was.

So I accepted pending a few details, which I have just sorted out over the phone. So that's it. I'm going to work in Atlanta, Georgia pretty much as soon as I can get there. This means that ideally they want me there for Monday, but I think that might be cutting it a bit fine, so the next possible slot would be to get there on the 8th (Thursday). This is almost as little notice as I got when I went to Italy, but they would have to work hard to give me less than the two days I got then - I heard about the job first on Friday afternoon, went and had the interview within the hour, got the call saying that I had the job on the Saturday, and was on a plane Monday morning... This time is pretty laid back by comparison, but I was staying at my parents last time, so had little to sort out.

This time there is shitloads. I have my flat to shut down, empty, clean, get the post transferred, cut off all the amenities and all that; I have to get my toolbox back from Pete's and get some kit together and pack all my stuff into a bag and get out of it sharpish. At the moment, my main technique seems to be running around the flat looking at everything blankly, waving my arms and saying "Wibble" a lot.

Hopefully in an hour or two I can actually manage to be productive and sort all this shit out. We'll have to see...

4 Comments:

At 02 June, 2006 09:02, Blogger Warhead said...

Holy crap. That's fantastic. Congrats.

Will you have an interpreter or do you plan to undertake a crash course in the local lingo?

And what's the job?

 
At 05 June, 2006 08:01, Blogger Syl said...

Gosh, Brock, that's fantastic! Congratulations, man! Well done.

*hearty slap on the back*

Tell us a bit more about the job.

 
At 06 June, 2006 10:55, Blogger Louise said...

Congratulations. Have fun etc. etc.

Don't let the American spelling get to you. Remember it's aluminium. Don't let no-one tell you any different.

 
At 08 June, 2006 12:01, Blogger Sal said...

!!

congrats and good luck, mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home