Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bleurgh.

It would appear, after a certain amount of research last night, that as I get older 5 hours sleep is insufficient to recover from 6 pints of Guinness and a bottle of wine when combined with staying up until 5am pissing about and playing cards. Although I very much enjoyed myself; I was in the company of two ladies, one of whom is oft referred to by her friends (when asked for a description/summary) as "A mermaid". She has the long flowing hair, perfect body and face and graceful/fluid manner. She is, it may be clear already, stunning. It is surprisingly difficult to play cards with your tongue lolling gently on the table, I can assure you. And I am quite sure that James Dean never had to worry, when being cool, suave and dude-like, about blurting out "Um... You're gorgeous!" the whole time like I did. All I have to do now is pursuade her that her boyfriend is almost entirely inconsequential to my advances, and may be safely ignored for a time...

Heh. Never been over-burdened with morals, me.

Anyway, to veer shockingly into the utterly predictable, I may have digressed. Back to the hungover thang:

I have been like a spaced-out freak all day. Although there is something to be said for this, it would seem. It appears that as I wandered aimlessly around Sainsbury's today, that my zombie-like state was apparently misinterpreted as being a sort of laid back, uber-cool (I can't be arsed to find an umlaut). At least, I can find no other way to explain why I got so many coquettish smiles and lingering looks from so many local ladies. I was (3 days or so) unshaven, wearing a crumpled and tatty T-shirt, and bimbling around like a pensioner having a decisiveness issue.

So prevalent were the looks and the smiles, that I even went to the toilet to check in the mirror to see if I had anything hanging out of my face that would've created amusing potential, but all was as it should be. Or as it usually is, anyway. There's only so much you can ask for, isn't there?

To demonstrate quite how far off the pace my brain was today, it was only when I got home that I realised that I could, and indeed probably should, have made some sort of move/advance based on these looks I was getting. Particularly to the little blonde sort that bumped into me a little too often (with a little smile every time) given my totally random shopping technique today.

Man, I have been kicking myself all afternoon. But for some reason I seem to be quite distracted thinking about Mermaids.

3 Comments:

At 25 October, 2005 15:14, Blogger Brock said...

It does seem to be rather a trend...

Ho hum.

 
At 26 October, 2005 09:21, Blogger Syl said...

Ha Ha! Great post! Um, maybe your fly was open? ;)

Nah seriously, it must have been the rugged, unshaven, relaxed look.

 
At 26 October, 2005 23:41, Blogger Flash said...

The Brock effect?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home