Sunday, October 23, 2005

Bastard Blogger

That is twice now that I have posted a story, yet Blogger (for a logic only known to itself, no doubt) posted an earlier version with half the text missing.

The bastard.

It was only when I checked back before going to bed that I found out. I spent a while doing the last two posts, and generally have an attention span issue halfway through so save a draft and come back to it.

However, when I press "Publish" after finishing, it merely publishes the earlier draft and loses the changes.

Bastard.

I am grumpy now, as I think my initial finished version was better than the one I have now re-done below. But I'm too tired to do it all again.

Arse.

3 Comments:

At 26 October, 2005 13:32, Blogger Sal said...

this might cheer you up:
http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=29&art_id=iol1130237451579B326

 
At 26 October, 2005 13:33, Blogger Sal said...

hmph, no autolinkage

here

 
At 28 October, 2005 12:17, Blogger Warhead said...

I don't trust on-line editing if I'm writing a long item as I've had similar problems a couple of times myself. So I'll write it in Word or Notepad and then paste it in.

Of course, you'll have worked that out for yourself and as usual, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home