Sunday, June 19, 2005

2nd crappest injury in the world.


2nd crappest injury in the world.
Originally uploaded by Brock.

Further to this bloody thing, I have managed to gain another toilet related injury.

I was at the aforementioned Motorhome show and had to go to the loo. So I spied a porta-loo thingy. Due to the fact that this was one of the hottest days of the year so far, and these were the little individual porta potty things and the sun had been beating down on it for about 8 hours it was hotter inside than molten rock.

As I shut the door (so as not to intimidate any men, or excite any ladies once I unleashed the beast) I instantly lost more liquid in sweat that I did through peeing. It was astonishingly hot in there. By the time I was done, I was completely sweaty and starved of oxygen, and this must have softened my skin.

Perhaps through the fact that I must have been slightly cooked.

Anyway, as I left, gasping for air that didn't burn my lungs, the door swung shut on me and a sharp bit of a rivet hacked a gouge in my hand - this photo is taken a day later.

So there I was, sweating profusely, bleeding copiously from the hand (trying not to get it on my white T-shirt and beige shorts) and trying not to swear in front of my Mum.

I nearly managed it. She let me off saying "Argh, bastard thing!" as the door shut on my hand, but I think the sight of blood may have made her forget to frown at me. If I'd known it was that easy, I'd have gone through my youth frantically self harming whenever I did anything wrong. I'd have been more anaemic than a certain M. Jackson.

3 Comments:

At 20 June, 2005 13:03, Blogger Flash said...

I did have a comment but i can't top the one above me, so I won't even try!

 
At 20 June, 2005 17:31, Blogger Unknown said...

It could, of course, be God's revenge for going to the sinful arena that is .... anywhere that hosts motorhomes/caravan type events. I'd see a doctor - the Big Guy may have infected it as well!

 
At 20 June, 2005 20:17, Blogger Senseless said...

well, sorry you got cut but glad you got out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home