Friday, March 04, 2005

Fitness freak

I know that I have been getting weaker since doing a desk job, but I didn't think that it was this bad... Oh, and I appear to have shrunk an inch, too. I seem to be only 6ft 1 now. Anyway, never mind that, I'm still dark and handsome.

I found out that one of the steel beams across the ceiling of my flat is open one side (I'd never noticed before) and that it would be ideal for pull ups. So I did some stretching (as suggested by the physio I went to see the other week) and thought I'd have a go. Now I was never very good at these, I think my all time record was about ten or so, but I always managed to put that down to the fact that I am really tall, and so weigh lots. It's harder for me than for these stumpy fuckers, I tell you. So I step up on the bed and grab the beam, take a few deep breaths and start.

Now remember that I was never very good anyway, but after about 3 minutes of huffing, puffing and heaving I just managed it.

I got one foot off the ground.

For fucks sake! I may be in serious trouble. I mean, if I don't do something to improve all this soon, I'm going to be too bloody puny to pull myself out of bed in the morning.

7 Comments:

At 04 March, 2005 22:11, Blogger Lexie's Mum said...

Firstly, did you measure yourself in the evening or first thing in the morning? People are always shorter by the end of the day. Something to do with compression of the cartilage in the spine. So, you might still be 6'2 in the morning...
Secondly, you really need to take up some serious physical activity - may I recommend riding? It works for me!

 
At 04 March, 2005 22:34, Blogger Brock said...

Everything is bigger in the morning, my dear, but I don't think it will make me any taller...

 
At 06 March, 2005 20:09, Blogger Ms. Entropy said...

I can't wait to read the post you write when the beam gets pulled out of the ceiling, errr... because of your manly strength and all ;)

 
At 07 March, 2005 12:26, Blogger Warhead said...

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Aging (TM).

This creeps up on you when you're not looking, then one day you're in the park and some kid hoofs a ball in your direction, you run to kick it back, make a complete tit of yourself by either missing it or belting it in the totally wrong direction and find yourself gasping for breath.

You have a couple of choices. Accept it gracefully or start doing some exercise.

You could always go to dancersize in the hope of hooking up with a fit instructress like that bloke in Eric Prydz video.

 
At 08 March, 2005 08:56, Blogger Lexie's Mum said...

Thank you sosu - I pictured that! :D

 
At 08 March, 2005 09:05, Blogger Warhead said...

I rather pictured him in his "Keeping It Real Frog" T shirt and a pair of Lycra (TM) cycling shorts.

Kept me awake all night worrying, it did.

 
At 09 March, 2005 14:05, Blogger Warhead said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home