Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Instant message windows

On no account, under any circumstances, never mind how much better you think they will look another way around, re-arrange your IM windows halfway through a period of busy chat..

Particularly when you are chatting to 2 of your mates in one window, and flirting like mad in another with a flighty (and feisty) young chicky thing in another.

Because if you swap the windows (you may be ahead of me here) and you are reacting to the little flashy things in the windows bar at the bottom, you may flirt rather outrageously in the

wrong...

bloody...

window.

A little light hearted, tongue in cheek (although slightly filthy) flirt can really be taken the wrong way when you are talking to 2 blokes you are about to go away for the weekend with...

Ah. My reputation could have been in tatters. Well, if my reputation for being a dirty flirt wasn't already well established, and they just assumed that I was talking to someone else, anyway.

Lucky escape, really. The rather long pause while they digested what I had put was, erm, interesting, though. With me staring at the screen saying:

"Ah. Fuck. Not THAT window, you twat!"

A learning experience for us all...

4 Comments:

At 12 January, 2005 20:30, Blogger Ms. Entropy said...

*dies laughing*

"tongue in cheek." don't you realize the terrific, slightly filthy ramifications of THAT expression?

 
At 12 January, 2005 20:50, Blogger Brock said...

Who me? You shold know me well enough by now to know that I never understand 'ramifications', and never notice filthy connotations...

;)

 
At 17 January, 2005 14:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely it has to be better than the times you have a bitch behind someone's back only to find you've messaged the person you're bitching about... maybe that's just me though. back stabbing old witch. - saz

 
At 19 January, 2005 13:50, Blogger Warhead said...

Been there, done that, on more than one occasion. It's a bugger, eh? But since other people do it too you'd hope that you'd get away with it as long as it's nothing TOO risque.

So far no one I've done it to has stopped talking to me permanently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home