Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year

Ooooh. It got messy.

I think the problems started when I forgot to eat after 10.30 in the
morning. I had Breakfast, and then drove to E's house to drop off my
stuff, conveniently missing lunch at the time. I then had a sudden
realisation at half 6 that I was hungry.

"Oh, it's ok, there's a buffet at the pub". My mind was at rest, but the
buffet didn't appear until 1030. Ah. That would be 12 hours after I last
ate then. And also, 4 hours after I started drinking Champagne and Beer...

Basically, it was a downhill slope of gently increasing gradient from
there. The band (one of the bar staff, and one of the locals from the
acoustic club that plays in the pub) were very good, the pub was ticket
only, and nicely busy rather than crowded. Very pleasant. There was
about 15 of us in our little bit, which included some regulars and
staff/ex-staff, so it attracted a fair through-flow of people to keep
the conversation kicking along nicely. Although of the people that
pretty much stayed at our table, a fair few of them were lovely ladies
nearly ten years younger than me, so this old pervert was happy.
Especially when 12 o'clock came around... Snogtastic. No-one was safe.

However, I did (along with everyone else, I should add) get rather
pissed, and when the party went back to E's house at 2.30 in the morning
after chucking out time, I was less than feisty. There was an incident
with 2 of the girls practically wetting themselves at me, because I
couldn't pronounce the word 'alcohol'; fortunately in the context of
"Non alcoholic drink" at this stage. Apparently I was 'being sweet' so
that isn't too bad. At least I didn't make an arse of myself, anyway.
The bad side was that I felt so awful on New Years Day, that I stayed in
bed at E's house until 10 that night. They actually locked me in the
house while they went out for lunch and to dinner and just left me
there, feeling crap. Bless 'em, they were really good to me. I wasn't
sick, just had a massive headache and it wouldn't go. I tried to get up
for lunch, but had to give up. What a lightweight old age has made me. A
fantastic night, but I paid the price. I eventually managed to get up to
watch TV for about 4 hours with the girls before going back up to my
room and hitting the sack again. Amazing how sleeping so much makes you
tired.

The upside of this was that while we were all getting up the next day, I
ended up sitting in bed on the morning of the 2nd between two lovely
ladies nearly 10 years my junior sipping tea and watching Hollyoaks. Brilliant. Very easy on the eye but sadly, as everyone was pretty much dressed (and it couldn't actually have been more innocent) it wasn't quite as much of a result as it could have been...

Ah well. Better luck next time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home