Monday, November 01, 2004

Anything for a free meal...

Sunday PM:

*bring - bring*

"Hi. It's Siobain"

"Hello, mate. How's the new flat?"

"Errrr...okkkk. But. Erm...*giggles*"

(deep sense of foreboding) "Yeeessss?"

"Can I buy you dinner? You know, for helping me do all that packing and stuff?"

"Hahaha! Don't fuck about, Siobian, that wasn't worth dinner. I already destroyed a bottle of your expensive wine whilst packing. What do you really want?"

"Weeellll...... My TV doesn't work, it won't get any channels. We have tried for about an hour to get it sorted and we're getting nowhere. I wouldn't ask, really, but I need a TV.

Oh. and I have a bookcase that needs building. Would you mind? You are a bloke and everything...*giggles*"

"Glad you noticed. Now don't take the piss!....Ok. I'll come round now. Oh wait. Where's your damn house, anyway?"

So I turn up to find her and two of her mates in a middle of a big pile of some strangely familiar boxes. Nice flat, actually. I rewire the aerial and decide it is crap - TV mostly fixed after this, but need to go around and wire the aerial into the flat properly when she has bought some connectors and stuff. Built the bookcase (it was this from Ikea - hardly taxing!) and, whilst I was there, built a lamp up (also Ikea but I can't find the link!).

Oh, and for maximum brownie points, fixed the central heating. I was rather smug about that one, actually. Her and her mates (and her Mum - she's staying today) apparently all think that I am a superstar.

I rock.

Anyway. I got the best steak I have had for as long as I can remember by way of recompense. Bloody marvellous. And Siobain got gently pissed on a disgustingly small amount of wine while I ripped the piss about how crap she was at building bookcases.

Ah. Good fun had by all.

I reckon that I have gained enough kudos now to see if I can get her to persuade one of her fit mates to sleep with me at her housewarming party in a few weeks...

Selfless? Me? Of course...

;)

1 Comments:

At 03 November, 2004 13:24, Blogger Sal said...

>I rockU rock?
No!No!
B rock. U B rock

 

Post a Comment

<< Home