Friday, October 22, 2004

Possibly the most famous Brock shot of all


Possibly the most famous Brock shot of all
Originally uploaded by Brock.

Hanni asked me what the scar on my head was that she has so thoughtfully highlighted as a note on this picture.

Thanks.

But as if it would be something so mundane or normal as chicken pox, as she suggested. Ha!

I was about 13 years old, it was in the lunch hour at school and I was wandering about with my mate Tim (as you do when you are a 13 year old boy). We were messing around in a building site (yes, yes, I know!) and after lots of stupid sillyness (no vandalism, I wasn't that sort of boy) Tim cracked a 'really funny' gag...

I was poking around looking at stuff, when Tim, who was next to me at the time said:

"Look, look! This is how an Australian throws a grenade!!"

He then threw a big stone (symbolising the grenade, for the stupid) straight up in the air and ran away from it as fast as he could. This would have been reasonably amusing (we were, remember, 13) but, unfortunately, yours truly was really not paying attention. I was vaguely aware of Tim shouting something. Then a pause. Then him screaming my name in a high pitched, almost hysterical, voice.

I looked at him, becoming vaguely aware of what was happening as my brain processed what it had obviously heard and stored in my sub-concious, and looked up just in time to get hit straight in the face by the big (did I mention that it was sharp?) stone. Pole-axed, I was. Down like a sack of shit, feeling rather dazed.

As some of you may be aware, the blood vessels in the face are quite near the surface, and my forehead erupted in a stream of blood. Lots of it. We then spent the next 15 minutes with me staggering up the middle of the road seeing spots and stuff and with blood running down my face, as Tim frantically knocked on all the doors in the street trying to find someone in. Fortunately, he did, and I had my face mopped up by a nice lady. She stuck a few plasters on my head after it had stopped bleeding, and I had a great big lump there for about a week. On my head, rather than it being my head, before any of you smart arses say it.

It bloody hurt, actually. And I still have the scar to this day. Imagine, Hanni, if I'd been sensitive about it? Just THINK of the emotional damage you could have done!!!1111

1 Comments:

At 25 October, 2004 17:39, Blogger Noely Noel said...

Smart arses? Where?!

*flutters eyelids*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home