Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dulcey


Dulcey
Originally uploaded by txkimmers.

This was posted with this description:
"This cat has the most wonderful markings, I love the way she looks. But she is so shy...barely ever leaves the cat bed."

Now, I like cats. I miss having cats, and it made me go off on one in a post in the comments. I just re-discovered it, and like it so I am going to reproduce it here for your entertainment:

You need to tell said pussy cat that she is loved so much. They like that.

She will then know the depth of your love for her and follow you everywhere with soft, devoted eyes for the ensuing days. Your every move will have her tiny adoring footsteps padding behind them. Her trust in you will grow exponentially with every kind tone of your voice and gentle rub of her cheek over the following weeks. Her purr will grow and resonate as she considers your lap as being the only place that is worth sleeping.

Her love and devotion will grow right up to the point when you arrive home with some very expensive crystal glasses and she will become frightened by a random (invisible) gust of something as you come through the door. You will be distracted by this, and become off balance as you realise that the only refuge that she considers suitable is directly under the foot that you are microseconds away from transferring your entire weight to.

Panic stricken, you launch the crystal into the air, pull contortions that knock several years off the useful life span of your lower back, but still manage to catch 3 of the hairs of the end of her tail as you are knocked unconcious by falling crystal and the edge of the kitchen work top. With a yowl so viscious that 3 of your teeth nearly explode through hitting their resonant frequencies, the kitten will disappear in a cloud of fluff and indignation.

You are then faced with the task of having to crawl, mildly concussed and bleeding as your knees crunch across shards of expensive glass, under the back of the sofa in abject apology to rescue the kitten as the heavy guilt of destroying all it's faith in you descends like a black cloud.

Hard work, cats. But they ARE so cute...


I like it when I find stuff I've written and it makes me pleased I didn't delete it straight away...

2 Comments:

At 13 November, 2005 16:48, Blogger Syl said...

My sister's cat has four kittens which she will have to find homes for. Pity you don't live nearer ;)

 
At 07 January, 2006 22:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well. wow.

*swoon*

a man after my heart, for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home