Tuesday, July 05, 2005

In case you were all wondering

I have been increasingly suspicious of the lack of mail over the last few weeks. I have been getting feedback through other forms of communication (IM, text messages, work email and Gmail etc) that suggest I have a fair few of my friends blocked from my email filter.

I have finally lost my temper.

After about 5 or 6 shit-arse support mails that are clearly written for the monkeys to train from arriving for me, with no real information or response, I have filled in a complaint and a support email as follows. I will be re-posting and re-mailing it every day (at least) until I get a response:


I am sick to death of the email spam filter. I am losing, day by day, more and more of the emails I receive from friends and acquaintances alike. They, fortunately, have other ways to contact me. Otherwise I would be blissfully unaware that I am having emails lost and bounced from perfectly sensible and legitimate sources.

I have repeatedly asked (and been fobbed off with a standard answer) for the default filter to be turned off, or to allow me access to the settings/"un-block" log, but to no avail. I am perfectly capable of configuring a spam filter, far more than you are patently capable of, but I don't even get the choice.

LET ME RECEIVE MY EMAIL. ALL OF IT. I will even deal with all the crap that comes with it, just for the long forgotten luxury of actually having the messages that I WANT to have. Your spam filter is far too aggressive, and needs serious work. The volume of mail that I am being told I am missing is shocking.

I have a domain with you, which I pay for, and use your email system despite the web interfaces inability to cope with "reply all" - no answer to the numerous complaints on that issue either - but am getting heartily sick of your lack of personal response.

Your customer service is appalling. Standard answers, blatantly template based, do NOT help. They are merely insulting to all but the terminally stupid.

I still have not been told if the spam filter is working on my uk2.net mail address or on my domain mail diversion. This is unacceptable. I fully intend to tell you to stick the particular part of your service, that incorporates this filter, where the sun doesn't shine, but can't even get a response to establish which particular service to grab before I start my run up.

Pathetic.

And you were so good and reliable until this. Then you come up so woefully short that I find myself unable to express the disappointed and anger your complete apathy and lack of response has created in me.

ANSWER ME. FOR ONCE.

Just one relevant and informative answer would be like a warm candle in a cold, frozen waste."


Feel free to e-mail me at Brockles (at) gmail.com if you have sent me an email in the last month that I haven't responded to. This may just give me more ammunition. I may even set fire to the relevant part of their service before cramming it up their arse if I found out more has gone missing...

[edit: And if you can copy all your mails to the gmail one, then I will know precisely how many mails I am not getting. If you know what I mean.

Carry on.

Ta.[edit]

2 Comments:

At 08 July, 2005 12:52, Blogger Warhead said...

Just in case you're wondering, I haven't sent you any e-mails.
I think that's partly because I don't know your address.

 
At 14 July, 2005 05:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh what an elaborate entry just to pretend to NOT get my emails...*dramatic sigh*

What-ev-er!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home