Wednesday, May 04, 2005

What fantastic parking


What fantastic parking
Originally uploaded by Brock.

Unbelievably, the dithering old woman trying to park this car was failing miserably to back into a perfectly usable space (behind it where it is now) when I turned into the car park. I had time to park my car, get the shopping out, walk inside, put the shopping down and walk to the window before she had finished.

And she was in roughly this place when she started. And she was there for at least 5 minutes while I was there!

Astonishing.

She gave up (she had been looking a little harassed when I walked past her to come in) and I am astounded that someone can take so long to fuck about and not park a car in the slightest. I had been looking incredulously at her when I walked past because she was driving backwards and forwards about 2 foot, swinging the car from lock to lock and jumping up and down and obviously struggling. She kept looking over her shoulder and eyeing up the space with a cross between optimism and utter stupidity.

If people are completely incapable of driving a car, why the fuck do they buy one? It might be something to do with the parking space in front of her, though. The woman (another one...) that usually parks in the one that the Astra is pointing into fairly regularly drives in and slams straight into the wall. She puts her hand to her mouth every time, too, like it's some sort of fucking surprise. Not that can be, because I see her coming now and go and watch to see if she does it again. She usually does. Needless to say her car is a bit tattier than this one, and needless to say I laugh...

2 Comments:

At 05 May, 2005 09:21, Blogger vanlal said...

That car is hot! In your place, I would have sauntered in like a knight in shining armour and parked the old biddy's car in my garage.

 
At 07 May, 2005 15:51, Blogger Brock said...

Nah. It's a stinker.

My car is faster...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home