Monday, April 25, 2005

Fucking america

I am truly torn between being utterly incredulous at the arrogance, and not being at all surprised:

They've made The War of the Worlds into a film.

For those that have no concept of literature, it is an HG Wells Novel, first published (I believe) in 1896. It tells the story of an alien invasion of, initally Horsell common, and is based entirely in England. It was also famously broadcast on radio in New York in 1938 as a mock-documentary that resulted in panic in the New Jersey area as many mistook it for a bona fide news report and believed the invasion to be genuine.

So the americans touch it, and guess what? It's set in america, and is all about americans overcoming the aliens. What the fuck is that all about? I imagine that Tom Cruise will save the day as well. All on his own, nothing at all in keeping with the original novel, where a viral infection allowed mankind a lucky escape.

What a waste of fucking time and money allowing that country to have a film industry. Hollywood consists entirely of sycophantic, self-centred wankers that continually attempt to perpetuate the myth that all things good, heroic or clever are in america, happened in america, or was done by americans. No wonder the majority of their population has no concept of culture or world history or events. As far as they are indoctrinated, everything happened over there anyway.

Fuckers. Bomb them. Blow Hollywood and all the stupid cunts that live there into oblivion.

4 Comments:

At 25 April, 2005 22:48, Blogger Ms. Entropy said...

Bomb my hometown away, feel free.

Also, this ignorant american believes the novel was first published in a magazine in 1897, and in novel for in 1898.

I could be wrong. After all, I did grow up in L.A.

 
At 27 April, 2005 04:43, Blogger Flash said...

Is nothing sacred?

I'm rather flabbergasted that there is no mention of the album.
I remember listening to that when I was about 10, in the dark.
I proper crapped my pants at that really loud "OOOOOLAAAAAA".

 
At 27 April, 2005 21:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you, but we were assholes in 1958 too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046534/

 
At 27 April, 2005 21:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

er, 1953.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home