Sunday, May 01, 2005

Genius

Really, you'd think I'd bloody learn.

I'm the only one in my flat. I live alone. There's only me here. Everything that happens in my flat is therefore down to me, and any ensuing consequences should be apparent.

I am a qualified Engineer, a fairly bright person and someone who makes an effort to understand how things work, their causes and their affects. I know about stuff, basically. Not all stuff admittedly, but if I use or have something, I usually have more than a fair idea how it works. I'm also 32 years old, and if I'm not a grown up by now, there's no hope for me, let's be perfectly honest.

So you'd think, given some or all of the above, that I would have learnt over the years NOT to put some washing in the machine, turn it on, and then jump in the shower 15 minutes later, wouldn't you?

Chalk up another scalded back and red arse to Brock.

And, just to prove that the Devil can shit in my lunchbox any time he sees fit, I did (of course) have shampoo in what remains of my hair, so that I had the (oh so amusing) choice of either leaping blindly to the far end of the bath to stand there like a muppet with my eyes shut until the water calmed down, or to blindly try and find the taps and risk turning the wrong one.

I stubbed my finger on the tap, in case you were wondering. Rather painfully. Oh, how I laughed.

Ha.

For fucks sake.

1 Comments:

At 03 May, 2005 13:46, Blogger Warhead said...

You're right, that shouldn't really happen when you live alone. You're a wombat!!11

When we first moved in to our current home, we replaced the shower which was just a mixer affair from the hot and cold water supplies, with a nice electric one.

For some reason the fuse initially assigned to the shower wasn't up to the job and it used to just trip, usually when my daughter was in the middle of washing her hair. She then had to yell for my wife or I to flip the switch to get it back on, and then it was always a leeeetle bit too warm to begin with. It only happened to me a couple of times, and I just ran downstairs in the nud to switch it back on, seeing as how I though it undignified to yell for someone else to do it .... but not less dignified than possibly exposing myself to anyone else in the house. Our minds work in mysterious ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home