Saturday, September 09, 2006

They just pop in to my head...

I sometimes wonder why I don't get punched (or shot, now I am in the US of Guns) through my habit of saying random things that pop into my head. I say stuff to complete strangers just because it makes me laugh when I think of it. I have a few examples (both involving women, it has just occurred to me. That is actually just coincidence).

First one (today):

I am sitting at the bar, waiting for my meal to turn up. Bored. Two girls that had been sitting at the far end, clearly getting annoyed with trying to talk over the loud women cackling next to them, pick up their glasses and move to the chairs next to me. As they sit down, one of them turns to me and acknowledges me, realising that I have twigged why they moved:

Her (conspiratorially): "We just weren't feeling it down there".

Me: (deadpan) "Yeah. And it's darker up this end. I reckon you'll get away with it if you do now."

Cue confuzzled look and slight hesitation. Then she smiled. At least she passed the test for lateral thinking. Not many american's do.

Second one (a few weeks ago):

Standing in a supermarket queue. Bored. I am watching the woman in the next aisle over. She is absolutely miles away; staring into space and clearly very distracted. This, I find amusing. She is still somewhere on Pluto (on a different rock, now, rather than a different planet) just standing there, patting her hair down into place. Due to her distraction, she is doing this in one particular place for ages. And I mean ages. Like 15 seconds. As I am starting to move into 'highly amused' mode, she snaps out of it, and looks straight across at me.

"Now rub your stomach."

Probably because I stayed deadpan, and more than likely because I had an odd (to her) accent, she just looked at me completely baffled. The guy I was with (John) nearly popped a blood vessel trying not to laugh, and had to rush out of the shop.


I think the common factor is that I am bored. Or, rather, that my mind is on freewheel; looking for mischief. This is how I am when I am wandering around looking at stuff, and why I see stupid things to photograph, I think. I do suspect that I will get battered one day, though. These are just two examples of loads. It's just puerile stuff makes me chuckle, and I can't help saying it. I don't really care all that much if other people find it amusing (although I do enjoy it when they do), it's just that stuff makes me laugh. So I say it...

1 Comments:

At 11 September, 2006 09:14, Blogger valkyrie said...

hahaha!

it's great to find people who see the funny side of everything. i live in a rather close-minded/conservative society, which is a constant source of amusement for my best pal and i. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home