Friday, March 10, 2006

Back in at the shit end

Ah, as the old memories come flooding back, the less glamorous side of motor racing becomes brutally apparent this week.

I have come home sneezing black snot from trimming carbon fibre bodywork without the right kit for dust extraction and my throat hurts from breathing it in. I am pretty knackered, and my back hurts from bending over to work on the car. I also have black fingernails and have knocked the tops of all my knuckles from going soft with too many years of driving a desk.

Oh, and the driver is being an arse and may be pulling the budget so I am probably out of a job in a week or so. And my last three pay cheques have bounced. If the one I am banking tomorrow bounces, it's 'toolbox in the car' time and just drive off. I have zero cash left.

Oh, how we laughed. All of a sudden, the reasons I left all this behind are being demonstrated in all it's fucking irritating and demoralising glory.

1 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 14:14, Blogger Sal said...

what soo said

 

Post a Comment

<< Home