Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Easter Eggs

No. I'm not getting overly seasonal or getting all chocolatey. I am having a rant.

DVD's. I bought it, I want to watch it, and I paid my money to see all the extra little snippets and treats that I get for buying the special edition. So why the fuck does hiding it in some obscure menu location that you have to scroll mostly off the screen to get to seem like a good idea? How the hell does making the good bits hard to find seem like customer service? I paid for it, I want a nice convenient interface to get to it.

While we're on the subject, why has the trend for extra 'hidden' tracks on the end of CD's been allowed to propagate? I used to find them mildly irritating before, but now that I more often listen to my music through iTunes I have to sit through a minute (sometimes many more) before I listen to it. I keep looking up and thinking "Why has iTunes shat and stopped? Oh. Wait it's one of those stupid fucking extra tracks!!!" Then I have to get up and drag the progress bar over until I can hit the beginning of the song hidden at the end of the massive file. Why are they filling my memory up with silence? I paid for the album, I am keeping you all in fancy shoes, so play me the bastard track and let me skip to the beginning through my standard CD player interface.

You fuckers. I bought it. It now belongs to me. Why are you making it difficult for me to use it?

Gah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home