Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Distracting

I keep hearing James Blunt being played on the radio when I am working. I generally tend to make up stupid lyrics (invariably disgusting) as alternatives to the various songs to liven the day up and amuse the people working with me; usually sang at high volume in "the club style" ( thank you, Mr Vic Reeves...). Mr Blunt's current single is a different matter, however. I just can't take it seriously, and now I have explained the image that it conjures up, neither can the guys I work with. Shall I spoil it for you too?

This is the chorus:

"
Look who's alone now,
It's not me. It's not me.
Those three Wise Men,
They've got a semi by the sea.
Got to ask yourself the question,
Where are you now?
Got to ask yourself the question,
Where are you now?
"



What? The Wise Men have "semi's by the sea"? What the fuck is that all about?

You see, I am totally unable to dismiss the image that those lines conjure - namely that of three old men walking along a windy sea front (possibly Brighton or perhaps Bournemouth) with their hands in their pockets as they desperately, uncomfortably and with tangible embarrassment, attempt to hide their slightly disfunctional partial erections...

Cracks me up every time. What? You mean it's just me that thinks of stuff like that? Never mind finding it amusing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home