Saturday, December 18, 2004

Gong shower - No, really


Gong shower - No, really
Originally uploaded by Brock.

This bloke was a classic example of the Hippy aspect of my town. There was a market on today, and this guy was just stood there with his gong (it was surprisingly loud and had a good sound to it) waiting for people.

He didn't ask for any money, although donations were welcome, and those that wanted to were given a gong shower...

Sounds like a devious practice, but it was quite sweet, if a little pointless for an old cynic like me. The customer would stand there with their eyes shut while our erstwhile bearded bathroom would strike the gong and pass it up and down their body.

Very, erm, spiritual, I'm sure.

The woman I saw first seemed to enjoy it, but she struck me as the type to have several crystals for all occasions. The lad being shown it in this picture couldn't oddly enough, take it seriously.

Takes all sorts, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home