Monday, October 18, 2004

Bugger.

I washed the saucepan. I opened the can, I got out the cheese, the loaf of bread and the beans.

I haven't had beans on toast for years, and I was getting rather pleased with the idea, being as I have had enough of cooking properly like I have for the last week or two.

It all goes in the pan and gets gently warmed as I potter about finishing the washing up.

I open up the loaf to be confronted with a putrid smell and the dim realisation that it has been some time since I had anything involving bread...

Mouldy, rank mass of green and white stuff. Ew. I shut my eyes quick, held my breath and did the bag up and tied a knot in it as quick as I could. Because although I now have to go and get changed again and walk down the road to the shop for some fresh bread, I didn't want to stare at the bread long enough to put me off.

I really want beans on toast. Although I did consider, for a fleeting moment, just not eating anything at all, as cooking anew was far too depressing.

Arse.

:(

1 Comments:

At 20 October, 2004 07:18, Blogger Brock said...

It does taste better if you defrost it though, V.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home