Saturday, November 13, 2004

Foolish words

It's always a bit of a lottery, a conversation with me. You never really know where you are going to end up.

Siobhan just rang me from town, we are going to meet up for lunch, and she made the error of trying to round off the conversation by saying:

"Okey-kokey, so I'll see you there at ten past two."

I wouldn't let her put the phone down until she had turned around.

"No, no! you said okey-kokey! You have to turn around. It's the law!"

By the time I had finished, I reckon I got her to, in the middle of town remember, turn around probably twice. Standing there giggling with a phone to her ear. I kept telling her that I didn't believe that she had done it (even though it certainly sounded like she had) and she was in fits of giggles when I finally let her go.

See the police were going to arrest her and everything otherwise! It's TRUE I tell you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home